lunes, 30 de enero de 2012

Volcom-Toro Fish resume

Hi again,

here you have some videos from the Toro Fish. They are from the first quarterfinal (sorry my camera went out of battery). This heat was done with the tide really low and the biggest waves were closing out, and only the small ones kind of open sometimes). With the mid-tide the waves were getting better and better so we had a great day of sufing :)!!

Warming up! :)


In action!



I almost hit Rita in this one, I was so scared I fall of my board!!! hahah


small right


a closing up left


A picture of the girls podium :)



I am sorry I do not have more pictures, but I do not know what is wrong with the photographers, if they do not like women-surfing or what, but they do not usually take pictures of us. I am sick of this behaviour, and I hope it starts changing ASAP, because WE DO COUNT! and everyday there are more and more women surfers and we love this sport as much as guys do, so please, stop being so "machistas" and start paying attention to the women surfing. (The same thing happens with the organizers, who give money to the winner of the male category, but just a bag of clothes to the women winner. We are in the 2012 year and we still have to deal with this "cromañón" behaviour.). I know the style, level etc is not the same between women and men, but this is nature people, we can not do anything against it.

Nice Monday!!

MaRíA

2 comentarios:

  1. Hola Maria, no todos los fotógrafos se fueron en las mangas de chicas, tienes fotos tuyas en www.diariodellegend.blogspot.com
    saludos, Juanjo

    ResponderEliminar
  2. gracias por hacernos caso a las chicas!!! un abrazooo!! :)

    ResponderEliminar