lunes, 28 de mayo de 2012

Seville from an Skateboard

Hi all :)!

this post is a bit different from the previous ones, it has not surf nor skateboarding on it :). However, it has been recorded while I was skating. A friend of mine is leaving Seville and I wanted to do something for her before she left, so she won´t forget this beautiful city (because although it has not beach, Seville is actually a gorgeous city :)).

This is my first "long" video and making videos like this is when you realize how hard this is, I mean, making a good video... You have ideas in your mind, they look perfect there, but even if you are able to record something similar to what you thought, it does not look as good as before anymore... I am also still getting to know my go-pro and some of the shots are not good enough (they are taken from too far, others for too long...), but it is good to see this, because you learn doing these things :)

Here you have some single shots from the video showing the different things I wanted to reflect on it

Seville is the only place I've ever been where you can find shops which only sell "abanicos", where there are more flamenca customs shops than any other type...


where there are more horsecars than taxis...


Where everyone has a common perfect friend "El Tío de Cruzcampo" ;)


Where it is impossible to see if the city is more beautiful during the day...


or at night...


Where you can take a shower while you are having a beer :)


Where the flowers have beautiful colors during the whole year...




Where the Giralda is watching all of us


Where you can find women on their flamenca customs from April to June non-stop hehe :)


And last, but not less, one of the cities where you can see one of the most beautiful sunsets :) 


Here you have the video, sorry because of the non-fixed shots, but remember I recorded it while I was skating and it is really hard to keep the camara straight :)



It takes a long time to make something like this (even a simple and not that well edited one like this one), but it takes a long time to think about what you want to record, to go and do it, to get different sun lights, to edit it, to re-edit, to go again and record whatever you had left, to select the music (in this case I just used one song I like and one song my friend likes), and put everything together... I really appretiate more now the work of the cameras :)! 

However, I think it is even harder when you really want to do a good thing because it is for a friend and you want the video to be "good enough". Wish you the best in your new life Kika! :)

hope you like it!! have a great Monday!

MaRíA




2 comentarios:

  1. I could not wait to see what you had written so I missed class, but don´t tell anyone!!!

    Thank you soooo much "montadita"!!!! I really like it, althought it would have been better reading it with an ice cream on my hand!! Maybe tonight we can enjoy two amazing ice cream from Mc Donals...... ; )!!

    ResponderEliminar
  2. Un día en Sevilla... y no sólo en skate! Lo milagroso es que no te hayas quedado sin un par de dientes!!

    Pronto estaré por ahí, pero a mi me lo enseñas a pata o en coche... You know!

    Gran Pink!

    ResponderEliminar