miércoles, 7 de noviembre de 2012

Weekend bites

Hi there!

As you all now last weekend I participated in a contest surfing in Tarifa. The waves during the week had been great all around the south coast of Spain, however during the weekend strong south wings started to blow and the waves were kind of a mess.


Love this picture from Lucas! :)



After thinking for a while what to do, we decided to joint the competition and at least spend the day at the beach trying to catch something :)


The contest started for us with small fast waves and really strong winds. In my first heat I had Marina Alabau (London Olimpics Gold Medal in Windsurf!!!). It was really hard to find waves, but I finally managed to catch two waves that allowed me to do two ok turns.

Now it was the turn of the guys, and we decided to spend sometime around watching them and hanging out at the bar :)




After a lunch break, the organizers decided to run the semi-finals and finals of the girls. The conditions were really tough for the final and Julia (the youngest) had a really hard time to get to the peak, finally she could get there and although most of the heat was already past, she did a last effort a catch a few waves. Good work girl!

My first left of the final :)

 

I was luckier than her and did not have that many troubles to get to the peak. I caught a left which let me do two turns and after that I focused on catching one of those rights I had been seing all day breaking, but that were really hard to catch because of the currents. When there were 5 minutes left a really clean right came and I caught it, surfing my best wave of the contest in the final!! :) 

We did not know how we had finished till that night during the dinner the organizers had prepared for us. Two massive paellas for all of us!! :) 



 Finally, the moment came and this is how everything ended ;)



 Because we did not have to surf on Sunday we decided to go celebrate :) Mojitos for everyone!!! it was "happy hour"!!! :)


We caught the best wave of the weekend at a bar! :)



On Sunday it was hard to wake up (actually I don't even know if Elena did wake up jajajja). Before leaving, Teresa decided to have a snack for breakfast!! hahaha


In our way home we stopped in a few beaches just to take a look at them, and I have to say they were gorgeous!!! :) I really have to come back some other time!! :)


the girls! :)


"Pequeña Lulú"



I had a great time, thanks Teresa, Rita, Julia, Elena, Pilar, Polo for all the laughs we had, and the organizers for doing this great contest!!! :)

pd: wait for the video... :) it is under "edition" :)

have a great day!

MaRíA

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario