lunes, 9 de julio de 2012

Surferucas 2012 Resume

Hi!!

first of all THANK YOU for all your support for this first big event of the season. It is great to read all your messages with your best wishes!! :)

Now I will try to resume the festival in a few words :). We got there on Friday afternoon and the waves were looking great in Somo. We went to the water around 5pm and were surfing for two hours catching some fun waves. However, the tide came in and we decided to take a break to have something to eat and come back when the tide started to go out.

After "la merienda" we went again to the water at around 8:30pm and stayed there till it was dark!! :) the waves were really fun, no wind at all, just a few people... we had real fun! :) then it was time to rest for the big day!


Saturday morning, we arrived to the beach after breakfast and which was our dissapointment when we saw that there were almost no waves!!! :(... Many girls were getting there at the same time and everyone was talking about the same: "the small waves"... but this is it... this is what surfing has, you cannot predict how the waves are going to be till you get there. And the conditions are the same for everyone, so we all would have to deal with the small waves.

My first heat was in quarterfinals. I started a bit slow, but finally I found a wave which allowed me to do a good turn and that put me in the game again. I passed my two heats and got into the final. We had to wait till all the other categories were finished to run the final. The wind started to blow really strong and the waves were really hard to find. I caught two a bit longer than the rest and did my best on them (which was not that much...). When I finished I did not know how that was going to turn out, because it was a really tough final for everyone. We had to wait for more than 2 hours to know the answer, but the wait was worth it!!! :)


The happiest with my new skateboard!!! hehe



My trophy! :) (second time in a row!!! yuhhhuuu!!!!)


Getting energies back!! hehe :)


Resting after a hard day of cheering me up!! :) Thanks a lot Mikel for all your support!!




I would like to thank the club Surferucas and Pedro Gutiérrez for their hard work to keep having this event. Although we all know it is really hard these days, you maintain the level and make us all feel really good at this event!!! congratss!!! 

Finally, I would like to thank Gilito because without him I would not be able to compete at this level. Having different boards for different conditions is a big advantage, so thankss!!!

                               

Have a great start of the week!!! I will post more pictures if I get some from the organization! :)

MaRíA















1 comentario: